Friday 27 June 2014

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer & Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (#52 Vanilla)





I really wanted to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation for ages, the hype around the beauty world be it blogs or U Tube is ridicules and everybody seems to love it so much. Since I love my Marc Jacobs genius gel super-charged foundation (I will link my review below if you are interested in checking it out) why not try another dewy/glowing/radiance boosting foundation and this time I could get the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer to go with the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.

Here is what Bourjois claims 

Happy Light Matte Serum Primer
- The Happy Light Matte Serum Primer mattifies complexion & maintains skins natural radiance.
- Its airbrush action hides pores & blemishes for a soft velvety result. 
- A lightweight, non-drying serum texture that melts onto the skin for all day comfort.

Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
- Gives your skin a radiance boost &  made from a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an instant anti-fatigue result. 
- The instant gel texture blends & glides onto the skin for an even, natural finish with no mask effects.
Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed and the skin’s radiance is boosted for up to 16 hours.

And here is what I think and feel,

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer (SGD $29.50) comes in a 15 ml/ 0.5 fl oz glass bottle and dispenses through a pump. Has a light peachy tone but don't worry as it will blends onto the skin clear, great that it has no silicones too! The product is very thick but applied very light, adsorbs easy and does not feel happy at all. It will reduce the pores but sadly it does nothing for keeping my face matte. The wear with the foundation is less then 4 hours and my face just looked like an oily mess.







Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (#52 Vanilla) (SGD $34.50) the texture doesn't feel anything near a gel and the coverage is light to a buildable medium. There is a slight floral scent but it not a big deal for me. It does give a dewy/glowing radiance appearance on my face and looks pretty nice. If you've been with me for a while you should know I've combination oily skin and especially oily  where my T Zone is, so its a must that I set my foundation with my trustee matte setting powder (even setting with a matte powder it still gives a slight glow from within). The bad news is it doesn't last as I've mention above with the primer and I think they just don't go well together at all.

Luckily I did try and test it with other primers and mix another foundation together just to make this work. For my skin type the best is to mix this healthy mix serum gel foundation with my Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation and I got best of both worlds, a dewy healthy glow with the lasting power of coming to 8 hours of wear.

My final thoughts for both products?! Don't waste any money buying the primer completely not worth it, as for the foundation its ok but I'll not repurchase because I've other foundation I love a ton more. The price is a bit pricey for a drugstore product! What the heck! Most of the beauty and cosmetics is way over price in Singapore. 

So what do you think about the products or have you tried them yet? Do you feel that that both products are just way over hype like me? Do feel free and let me know below.

Happy Friday & enjoy your weekend!!!


Link to : Marc Jacobs genius gel super-charged foundation
Link to my other Bourjois product review: Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon (#04 Peach On The Beach) 

No comments:

Post a Comment