Wednesday 17 December 2014

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (20 beige) VS Perfection Lumiere Velvet (20 beige)


Left:Vitalumiere Aqua & Vitalumiere Aqua Blended Right: Perfection Lumiere Velvet & Perfection Lumiere Velvet Blended

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I had decided to take a rest for a week from blogging and I'm back now!!! Shockingly a year has almost gone by and christmas is nearing just a week away from now. Hope everybody has got everything ready for christmas.

Now! If you had been reading my post previously on my first beauty empties you know that I just finish a bottle of Chanel's foundation and I can finally find an excuse (heehee) to buy a new foundation to test from Chanel, since I been desperately wanting to try their Vitalumiere Aqua for ages to see what's the hype about I decided to get both Vital Lumiere Aqua & Perfection Lumiere Velvet to compare (I really can't decide which one I like better so I got both).

Another reason is because my skin is getting fussy recently, not sure what happen or why but 1 of my favourite foundation doesn't seems to be working and blending well into my skin. No matter what tools or different primers I tried to use it with, still doesn't look right. But I'm real happy that I got both Chanel's foundations they are my holy grail now!

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15(20 beige) (SGD $78) has a soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture and exceptionally delicate and light, it offers an “second-skin” perfecting result. The skin glows as if lit from within. The formula, enriched with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). I have been preferring foundations that are really light weight now a days and this is one of them. Although it is light weight and feels like nothing on the skin it still provides a medium coverage build-able to a full if desire. The plastic packaging is really convenient for traveling, with a simple yet effective spout that allow you to dispense the exact amount of product require.  

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smoothing Effect Makeup SPF 15(20 beige) (SGD $78) is also a  lightweight second-skin foundation. It naturally smoothes and evens out the complexion for a velvety matte makeup result. The lightweight texture makes it perfect for normal and combination to oily skin. This ultra-soft emulsion instantly becomes one with the skin, transforming into a natural powdery matte finish that disappears onto the skin. The Perfect Skin Affinity complex acts in perfect affinity with the skin to maintain hold and radiance all day long. The "smooth-effect" powders selected by the CHANEL Laboratories diminish surface irregularities and instantly smooth pores. • The patented* Perfect Light Control complex (combination of two semi-sheer hemispherical powders) perfectly evens out dark spots and lightens redness, without a hint of thickness. The texture is just a tiny weeni bit thicker than Vitalumiere Aqua and on the skin it feels like nothing too. The same medium coverage build-able to a full if desire, same packaging as well.

The difference of both foundation is really the finish, Vitalumire Aqua gives a dewy finish making the skin glows from within and the lasting power if slightly shorter (4-5hours depending on the humidity and how warm/hot weather here in Singapore with primer & setting powder) for my oily combination skin, Perfection Lumiere Velvet gives a semi-matte/satin finish and last longer since it is geared more towards oily combo skin (7-8hours depending on the humidity and how warm/hot weather here in Singapore with primer & setting powder). Both of the foundation fades nicely through out the day without looking patchy too!

The truth is that I love both equally and it really depends on what my skin is needing and the weather here is like... I finally understand what the hype is about now... It has both become one of my favourite  grail high-end liquid foundations besides my Marc Jacobs: Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation .

Yes I would definitely recommend trying either one depending on what you like or need and if you would like to splurge on makeup the second in line would be a great foundation (any face makeup bases too) . The first would be brushes (tools) which I would talk about it another day.

Try it and you'll be surprise like me. 2 thumbs up!!

XOXO Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment