Wednesday 7 January 2015

Urban Decay Naked Basics Versus Naked Basics 2


I'm back!! With more eyeshadow palettes from Urban Decay!! Let's just get into it! After the holidays and with the Autumn and Winter season trends I had always been liking and using mostly warmer palettes all along but recently a sudden change happened. Not sure why or how but I'm leaning towards the much cooler tone palettes recently.

 Left: Naked Basics Right: Naked Basics 2

I'm not sure whether if you could tell that my Naked Basics Palette has been well loved in the picture above (there is already a dent and I think I'm hitting pan soon) but this is pretty much my go to palette if I do not know which or what shadows to use. I will always go back to the Naked Basics 1 or even 2 now!

Top: Naked Basics From left to right: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint, Crave.
Bottom: Naked Basics 2 From left to right: Skimp, Stark, Frisk, Cover, Primal, Undone.

The difference between the 2 palettes is just that 1 is a warm toned palette and 2 is a much cooler toned palette.  I love both Naked Basics 1 & 2 a lot and in terms of choosing which palette to buy is entirely up to whether you prefer the much warmer tone shades or the cooler tone ones. The price of each palette here in Singapore is SGD $45 @ Sephora. The formula of these isn’t chalky and is of standard Urban Decay exceptional eyeshadow quality.

Naked Basics 
Venus:  Satin pale cream
Foxy:  Matte peachy beige (also in the Naked 2 palette)
Walk of Shame:  Matte pinky beige (comes with the 6-pan Build Your Own palette)
Naked 2:  Matte pale taupe
Faint:  Matte dusty brown
Crave:  Matte black-brown


Naked Basics 2
Skimp: Pale nude satin
Stark:  Nude pink matte
Frisk:  Warm grey matte
Cover:  Muted red-brown matte
Primal:  Muted brown matte

Undone: Deep, Smokey brown matte

If I'm really force to choose I'll still get the first one, it is just a habit that I'll still love my warmer shades I guess to be on the save side. Either one Palette would be well-loved in anyone’s makeup bag, so which one you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment