Monday 17 November 2014

Tarte: Bon Voyage Collector's Set (Holiday 2014)



I'm most excited about this holiday set from Tarte: Bon Voyage Collector's Set that is Sephora exclusive this year (last year I remember my favourite set is Two Faced: A Few Of My Favourite Things set).

Tarte Bon Voyage Collector’s Set & Travel Bag (SGD $79) is gorgeous and does contain a number of items. It comes with 20 full size Amazonian Clay eyeshadows, 1 full size LipSurgence Lip Tint, 1 full size LipSurgence Lip Gloss, a deluxe size Lights,Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara, a deluxe size cheek stain, a deluxe Maracuja Oil, a Deluxe size smooth operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder and a beautiful limited edition travel bag. Overall, it’s a great palette. There were a couple of misses for eyeshadows, but both lips products are hydrating for me, I like the mascara and finishing powder, love the maracuja oil except the fact that I rarely use cream/liquid cheek stain the rest is great. I think if you like more muted eyeshadows with more matte finishes, this might be a good palette to consider. 
 I loved this travel bag!! Just the perfect size for traveling for me!


Here is how it looks like.



Top first row from Left to Right: Palace of Versaille, Moulin Rouge, I Think I Cannes, My Own Cotes du Rhone, Boudoir Noir.

Second row from Left to Right: Fall in Lourve, Provence upon a time, Eiffel for you, Too Haute to Handle, Bastille in the Night.

Third row from Left to Right: Chantilly Lace, Merci You Later, No Champagne No Gain, Take on Bordeaux, French Riviera.

Fourth row from Left to Right: C'est La Vie, Marseille the Word, Play Nice, On a Good Notre Dame, Le Cordon Bleu.


 Top Row from Left to Right

Palace of Versaille is a light pink with subtle warm undertones and a matte finish.
Moulin Rouge is a plummy taupe with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. 
I Think I Cannes is a muted, medium-dark purple-plum with a hint of gray and a matte finish. 

My Own Cotes de Rhone is a dark, cool-toned, muted purple with a matte finish. 
Boudoir Noir is a dark burgundy-brown with warm, reddish undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had really rough, uneven color coverage with a drier, slightly powdery, texture that made it hard to blend on the skin.

 Second Row from Left to Right

Fall in Louvre is a softened, peach-orange with a satin finish.
Provence Upon a Time is a dark, brown-ish gold with a frosted finish. 
Eiffel for You is a muted, medium-dark olive brown with warm undertones and a mostly matte finish.
Too Haute to Handle is a medium-dark, bronze-shimmered brown with warm, yellow undertones. 
Bastille in the Night is a dark brown with subtle, warm yellow undertones and a satiny finish.

 Third Row from Left to Right

Chantilly Lace is a light, warm-toned beige with a satin finish. 
Merci You Later is a muted, medium-dark taupe brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. 
No Champagne, No Gain is a muted, medium gold with hints of brown and a metallic sheen.
Take on Bordeaux is a dark, chocolate brown with warm, red-yellow undertones and a satin finish.
French Riviera is a muted, dirty green with subtle, cool undertones and a soft, frosted finish. 

 Fourth Row from Left to Right

C’est La Vie is a sparkly, metallic golden pewter. It had sheer color coverage, while the texture was crumbly and resulted in a fair amount of fall out during wear.
Marseille the Word is a muted, medium-dark pewter-gray with a pearly sheen. 
Play Nice is a muted, gray-ish purple with a semi-matte finish. 

On a Good Notre Dame is a deep, dark black with a semi-matte finish. 
Le Cordon Bleu is a cool-toned, bluish purple with a matte finish. It was somewhat powdery and harder to blend on the skin.


 From Left to Right: LipSurgence Lip Tint in Romantic, LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Visionary, Romantic underneath with Visionary on top


 LipSurgence Lip Tint in Romantic

Romantic is a soft, muted coral-pink with a glossy shine. Tarte’s LipSurgence Lip Tint formula is supposed to be a hydrating, natural-looking lip stain with a “wash of color.” It had semi-opaque color coverage that went on evenly and smoothly. 

 LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Visionary


Visionary is a soft, medium peach-coral with warm undertones and a fine shimmer. Tarte’s LipSurgence Lipgloss formula is supposed to give a “pop of color” with “lasting shine” while being hydrating and vanilla-scented. It had a pretty sheer color coverage on me but added glossiness to the lips. 

 Romantic underneath with Visionary on top

The lasting power on my lips for both is around 3 hours and after food and drinks its all gone (happens to me every time except for the YSL Glossy Stain )


I do like the brush of the Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara a lot because it separates my lashes very well... as for the formula I do like that it lengthens my lashes quite a bit but for thickening and volume is just okay for me.




Muse is a beige-brown with subtle, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. Tarte’s Cheek Stain formula is described long-wearing and natural. I rarely use cream/liquid products and I haven't try it yet besides swatching it for you guys so I can't really tell how it last on my skin.




Tarte Maracuja Oil which is a fabulous overnight facial oil (it’s a bit too rich for me to use in the day) that adds plenty of hydration to my combination oily skin and actually regulates my skin and preventing it from getting more oily for my T Zone (sounds weird.. but think it really works.. and for oily or oily combo gals do not be afraid of facial oils because they 're really good for you). The oil adsorbs into my skin really fast and it doesn't feel even a tiny bit greasy at all!!!



Tarte: Amazonian Smooth Operator Clay Finishing Powder  is a transparent, silky finish powder that blends easily and doesn’t adhere to drier areas for a very smooth finish.

This is a great value for money Holiday set (might be the best value set in Singapore for the amount of products that you will be getting and its almost nearly the same amount you'll be paying like in the USA.) Grab it if you can find it because I really think it is worth paying.

Lots of Love Diana

P.S.: Will be reviewing their blush set next... so stay tune....

My Other Tarte Products reviews link below if you are interested in checking them out


No comments:

Post a Comment